ec•o•nom•ic (ˌɛk əˈnɒm ɪk, ˌi kə-)
1. of or pertaining to the production, distribution, and use of income, wealth, and commodities.
2. of or pertaining to the science of economics.
3. involving one’s personal resources of money.
4. pertaining to use as a resource in the economy: economic botany.
5. apt to affect the welfare of material resources: weevils and other economic pests.
6. economical (def. 1).
Random House Kernerman Webster’s College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.